Participating in My Co-op Rocks is easy!
Here are the basics:
Create a Video or Photo!
Grab your cameras, enter your original video or photo according to the Official Contest Rules, and you could walk away with one of our awesome prizes.
Dream up your own creative theme, or use one of ours for inspiration. Just show us how your co-op builds a better world.
- Contest starts Sept. 1, 2012.
- Submission deadline is 5pm Central on Oct. 31.
- Voting is Sept. 1 through 5pm Central on Nov. 30.
- Winners announced Dec. 15!
File Types & Specs
Photos Entries: must be in one of these formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif and may not exceed 5 MB in size
(with maximum resolution of 3000 x 3000 pixels)
Video Entries: must be in a standard movie format and may not exceed 2 minutes in length. Must use original or royalty-approved music as per YouTube audio guidelines.
You must be 18 or older and a U.S. resident.
You may submit up to five (5) entries in either or both categories, but only one prize will be awarded per person, household, or email address. Winners in each category determined by popular vote. Vote daily for your favorites!
All participants should read the official rules (the “Contest Rules”) carefully before participating.
Voting is easy, and you can
vote daily for entries during the voting period:
- First, make sure you are registered. If not, click the “Register” link at the top of the page. You can choose to “Register with Facebook” or “Register for an Account.” Per our contest rules, you must have a valid, permanent email address to register and vote.
- Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive a confirmation email from us. Look for this email to activate your account. (Tip: please be sure to put mycooprocks.coop on your white list. If you don’t see the confirmation email, check your junk mail folder.)
- After activating your account, simply login in to the site, find the entry or entries you’re supporting, and vote. Remember: you can return and vote for each entry once per day.
You can dream up your own creative theme,
or use one of these for inspiration:
Three winners from each category (video and photo) will receive a gift certificate to any co-op OR a donation to their favorite 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Building a better world: how does your local co-op contribute to a healthier, more just world?
- A place with principles: How does your co-op exemplify one (or more) of the International Co-op Principles?
- My Co-op Story: why do you shop co-op and just how, exactly, does it rock your world?